Tuesday, January 13, 2015

So Long Sailor Moon

So, I finished all 12 Sailor Moon books. I was left kind of speechless. Manga is a completely different world. I understand why the cartoon changed some things. At least in America some parents would have a meltdown if the show went along with the books.

In other news, I am on the last book of the Tennis Shoes series. I've heard this isn't the last book in the series, so I'm curious as to how it ends. I mean, the series goes through the Book of Mormon, and this book is taking place at the very end of the Book of Mormon, so what now? I will most likely finish it tonight, because I'm not sure I will be able to sleep until I know how this thing ends. I kind of feel like the author is having a little too much fun killing off characters. It's like he suddenly decided he had too many people to work with, and so he just started killing them off. Seriously, they are dying left and right. I guess with all the time travel stuff, keeping track of where they are and who is where gets more confusing with more characters, but do they really have to die?

The other book I'm currently reading is Out of the Woods by Lyn Gardner. I haven't read the first one yet, so I have no clue what happened before I picked up the story, but I think I'm still understanding it well enough. I'm on the waiting list for the first one at the library, so I will just read that one second. I'm not sure I remember when the last time was I read a book with pictures, besides Sailor Moon that is.

Once I finish the last Tennis Shoes book, I will be moving on to one of my favorite authors...Sarah Dessen. Her books are realistic fiction, which is awesome. Sadly, one of her books is possibly on the chopping block. Dreamland is one of those books that I read once and wasn't quite sure about. I'm giving it another try before I decide its fate. You can go to http://sarahdessen.com/ to find out about all of her books. I just learned that she has a new book coming out in May! That is going on my list of books to buy. The countdown has begun.

No comments:

Post a Comment