Friday, June 15, 2018

School of the Dead

School of the DeadSchool of the Dead by Avi
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Holy guacamole, I don't care how old you are, School of the Dead will have you hooked. I was not prepared for how intense this book was. I thought I knew what to expect from Avi, but I was wrong, I did not expect this.

To me, the best part of the book is that like the main character, Tony, you don't really know who is telling the truth. In this case, trusting the wrong people could prove deadly. I appreciated the books POV. It wouldn't have had the same feel if the narrator had been all knowing. The reader needs to learn everything with Tony to keep the suspense and mystery going. Knowing who Tony should trust from the beginning would have made the book flat and difficult to finish.

Author: Avi
Publisher: HarperCollins
Publication Date: 2016

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment