Monday, July 9, 2018

Not if I Save You First

Not If I Save You FirstNot If I Save You First by Ally Carter
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm a big fan of Ally Carter books, not so much the ending of series, but the books in general. I was excited for this book to come out, especially since it is a stand alone, and I don't have to wait for another book to come out, or worry that the story is going to go in some way that seems forced to me.

To really appreciate this book, I feel that you have to at least have read Only the Good Spy Young and the rest of the Gallagher Girl series. There is at least one joke that you will not understand if you have not read those books.

This book was a pretty quick read like the rest of her books. A quick read does not necessarily make this a poorly written book. I feel like the book is a quick read because the author does not waste pages by adding unneeded backstory and dialog. When a book is filled with as much action and suspense as this one, adding in extra stuff just to make it longer takes away from what the book is really about.

I applaud Ally Carter for keeping her focus on the actual story and keeping her readers hooked on the story line.

Author: Ally Carter
Publisher: Scholastic
Publication Date: 2018

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment