Wednesday, October 31, 2018

Simon vs the Homo Sapiens Agenda

Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda (Creekwood, #1)Simon vs. the Homo Sapiens Agenda by Becky Albertalli
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I wish I could give half stars, because this book isn't really a two star book. I only gave it two stars because of the language used. I understand that people swear, that's part of life, but there is a lot of it in this book, and it made it less enjoyable for me.

Aside from the language, I really liked the book. It is a great teen read about figuring out who you are and learning to embrace the things that make you unique. Simon shows that trying to blend in and be like everyone else is not the way to actual happiness. Only when he decided to forget trying to blend in and start being true to himself did he really find joy.

I'm not sure how I feel about having the blackmail threat helping to push the story along. There were times when I was really just annoyed that it was being brought up. I guess that's kind of the point. If the reader can get upset at the character and wish that they would stop what they are doing, it makes the story something they can relate to.

Author: Becky Albertalli
Publisher: Balzer + Bray
Publication Date: April 7th 2015

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment