Sunday, July 23, 2017

The Dark Side of YA

The Dead and the Gone (Last Survivors, #2)The Dead and the Gone by Susan Beth Pfeffer
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm kind of torn. I was kind of hoping this book would have the same characters as the first one. I wanted to know what happened to them. I guess I understand the decision to have new characters in a new city. The series is the Last Survivors. The survivors couldn't all be in one location. That would be unrealistic.

This book is so much darker than the first one. With the setting being New York, there are a lot more characters that you meet. This makes it interesting, but also darker because there are more people to get attached to and end up being sad about what happens to them.

I know the title is The Dead and the Gone, but I was still never prepared for it to happen. I really hope that at the end of the series there is some resolution as to what happened after for all the characters left alive in their own books. I'm kind of a sucker for a happy ending, and I don't want the stories to come to an end without knowing things turned out okay, or as okay as they were going to turn out.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment