Tuesday, August 22, 2017

Prelude to Mayhem

Prelude to Mayhem (Mayhem Wave, #1)Prelude to Mayhem by Edward Aubry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Prelude to Mayhem is one of those books that is completely unpredictable. Every time I thought I knew what was going on, the plot went in a completely different direction. I'm glad this is a series, because after everything that happened in the first book, I still don't know what is going on. My confusion is not because the book is poorly written, but because the characters don't know what is going on either. The narrator is not omniscient; therefore, the reader only knows as much as the characters do.

This is a dystopian novel that deviates from the traditional. There are hints of sci-fi and fantasy, which makes this series one of a kind. It doesn't follow the mold of other dystopian novels. I'm glad that there is that deviation, because there have been a lot of dystopian novels written in the last few years, and it's refreshing to read something that does not follow the rest.

I received a copy of this book from the publisher for an honest review.
Author: Edward Aubry
Publisher: Curiosity Quills Press
Publication Date: 28 November 2016

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment