Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes with TONS of Sass

Percy Jackson's Greek HeroesPercy Jackson's Greek Heroes by Rick Riordan
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I used to like the Percy Jackson books, but by this point, it's just too much. I decided to finish it off with Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes with an open mind. Just because I'm over the series, doesn't mean a one off book can't be amazing. This book fell flat.

The illustrations were awesome, props to John Rocco, but the stories were all over the place. Maybe it's just me, but Percy's voice was way to prevalent. It was all over the place. It felt more contained in Percy Jackson's Greek Gods. This book seemed to be less about the actual heroes stories, and more about the snide side comments. Maybe I just relate to the other book more.

The size of the book was also an issue with me. I know it helped with the images, but the book is heavy and hard to deal with. I used a pillow to prop the book up on my lap.

All of this of course is my own personal opinion. I know there are people out there that really like Percy, so they will not have a problem with the abundance of side comments. Everything depends on what you like.

Author: Rick Riordan
Illustrator: John Rocco
Publisher: Disney - Hyperion Books
Publication Date: 2014

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment