Monday, December 11, 2017

Solo

SoloSolo by Kwame Alexander
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Solo is about a teenager named Blade and his struggles growing up as the child of a rock and roll star. The story is told through poetry and song lyrics, making it a quick read, but also one that has a deeper meaning.

There is plenty of character development and emotion in the storyline. The book is written from Blade's point of view, which helps the reader understand the emotions and situations he is dealing with.

I find it hard to give a decent review of this novel without spoilers. There is a lot that happens, including many surprise moments. I recently bought this book, and would recommend.

I read this book for the Beehive Book Awards.

Author: Kwame Alexander
Publisher: Blink
Publication Date: 25 Jul 2017

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment