Monday, May 29, 2023

The Merchant of Death

The Merchant of Death (Pendragon, #1)The Merchant of Death by D.J. MacHale
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This is the first book in the Pendragon series. I am working on reading it again since I didn't finish it the first time.

While I do appreciate the premise of the story, there is a lot of complicated plot points that are put in place to make everything work. So many worlds are included in the series that there is constantly issues with misunderstandings and the main character Bobby Pendragon not knowing what is going on. It's not like the longer things go on the more he understands. Things constantly seem to be in flux, which makes it difficult.

It makes sense that the bad guy does not play by the rules, but when Bobby is only explained things according to the rules, he is at a disadvantage when trying to actually do what he came to the land to do, which is save it. That's a lot of pressure to put on a teenager. Honestly, I think the book ended the way it did just so that there series could go on.

Author: D.J. MacHale
Parent content warning: Death
Age appropriate: Yes

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment