Wednesday, July 11, 2018

Death by Toilet Paper

Death by Toilet PaperDeath by Toilet Paper by Donna Gephart
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

The story was interesting, but on top of that, every chapter starts with a random fact about toilet paper. I just felt that needed to be thrown out there.

This book is filled with funny moments, but it also deals with serious matters like eviction, memory loss, death, and bullies. The main character seemed pretty well developed, but some of the others seemed one dimensional. Ben's best friend seemed a little too self-centered for my liking. No matter what was going on the book, he was in his own little world, completely unconcerned with what was happening around him.

For children in the upper grades of elementary school, I think they would enjoy this book.

Author: Donna Gephart
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: 2014

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment