Thursday, August 2, 2018

The Handmaid's Tale

The Handmaid's TaleThe Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I chose to read this book because of the increased popularity it has received. I wanted to know why it has such a following. After reading it, I have so say, I don't understand. It's an interesting story line, but it's not something that I would have thought would have so many people entranced.

I was constantly feeling uncomfortable with what was happening. It does make you wonder how a society like that could be formed.

The biggest problem for me was the constant changes between past and present. There wasn't anything there to help the reader quickly understand that they are now reading about a memory, and I had a hard time being sure of where and when I was.

Many people really like this book and the show that has been made off of it, but for me, my one time foray into this world was enough.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment