Thursday, October 26, 2023

The Fallen Hero

The Fallen Hero (The Dragon Warrior)The Fallen Hero by Katie Zhao
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I'm going to put a disclaimer at the beginning of this review. This is the second book in the series, and the series is clearly not over, but I can find nothing online about how more books are in the works, so the wait could be a while.

For me personally, this was a step down from the first book. I couldn't get behind the characters as much, especially the new ones. Ashley and Jordan just act so young. I get that this is a middle grade book, but it was a sudden flip from the way most of the characters acted in the first book. They are in a life or death situation, you would think that would affect them somehow.

I will say, I am glad that some things were explained early on in this book. I was left wondering at the end of the first one, and I'm not that patient of a person, so I'm glad the wait was short. Even if it took a while to come to a solution, I'm just happy there was an explanation so quickly.

This book really felt like a filler, so I'm hoping a third book comes out some time in the near future. The premise was interesting and it kept me reading, it just doesn't seem as finished as the first one, which in a way I understand since it is a series, but it makes it hard to review.

Age appropriate: Yes

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment