Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West

Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West (The Wicked Years, #1)Wicked: The Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West by Gregory Maguire
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I've read this book twice, neither time really liking it. Why read it a second time? Because I'm doing the Rory Gilmore reading challenge and for some reason have decided that even if I have read a book before, I have to read it again in order for it to count. So, here we are.

I get that Elphaba is misunderstood and not really the person that everyone makes her out to be, but she's not helping herself either.

I really wish this book just focused on the characters and didn't go so deep into the politics and religion. There was just so much going on for a book that was supposed to be the back story for the wicked witch of the west. There were whole scenes that she wasn't even a part of. They had nothing to do with the main story.

The whole book feels very like it is just surface level. The characters don't seem to have any real depth to them and events feel forced. I don't think there will be a third read.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment