Thursday, November 1, 2018

Everything, Everything

Everything, EverythingEverything, Everything by Nicola Yoon
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I decided to read this book because the movie came out and caught my attention. As of right now, I have not actually watched the movie, so my view of the story is based solely on the book.

I have to admit, I wasn't sure what to expect. Having seen the previews for the movie, I thought I knew the premise of the story, but once I hit the ending, I was surprised. I'm really glad that the story wasn't predictable. There was character growth that helped push the story line forward.

I did have an issue with the ending, just because it brought up questions for me. The ending was a shock, but then I sat there and wondered why no one ever thought to question what was going on. Once the hole was poked in the story, it seemed clear to me that the life the mother had created should have fallen apart long before then. I don't know, that might just be my thought.

All-in-all, a good YA book.

Author: Nicola Yoon
Publisher: Delacorte Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: 2015

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment