Thursday, November 15, 2018

Royce Rolls

Royce RollsRoyce Rolls by Margaret Stohl
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book was an entertaining read that made me think about what is really going on behind the cameras on all of the reality tv shows that are out there these days. If this book were to have come out before reality tv was pretty much everywhere, I don't think it would have had the impression it did.

Royce Rolls is about a family like the Kardashians that lives their lives in front of a camera. Behind the scenes, things are not what they appear, and getting that look into what was really going on once the cameras turned off was what made the book a good read.

The book is filled with drama and moments when the reader is left wondering what happened. I appreciate that the readers are not given all of the information from the start. Sometimes it's great to read a book and be all-knowing, but this is one of those times when it worked better for the reader to find things out as the story progressed.

I did listen to the audio book version, and I will admit, the thing that made me crack up multiple times was the mispronunciation of the county Sevier. It didn't change the story at all, but coming from someone who grew up in that area, the reader made it sound a lot fancier than it actually is.

Author: Margaret Stohl
Publisher: Freeform
Publication Date: April 4th 2017

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment