Sunday, November 11, 2018

The Rosie Effect

The Rosie Effect (Don Tillman, #2)The Rosie Effect by Graeme Simsion
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was a cute addition to the Don Tillman series. I have to admit, while I did see somethings happening, there were others that took me by complete surprise. Don's way of looking at the world makes it so the reader never really knows what is going to happen next. Things that seem completely logical to him, are unexpected, at least to me. I will say though, the scene on the plane made me think people were over reacting. I guess there are some people who would jump to the conclusions the people in that scene did, but I didn't see anything wrong. Of course, I also knew about the character and the background, so my thoughts might have been different if I did not know that.

For some reason, the part of this book that I enjoyed the most, was Don and Rosie using B.U.D. as a name for the baby. Second favorite part was Don bringing a fake Rosie to events he did not want the real Rosie to know about. That provided great material later on in the book.

Really, there were a bunch of great moments that only Don Tillman would find himself in. I like stepping back from my life and looking at the world from his point of view. I'm glad there is another book in this series so I can see what happens next.

Author: Graeme Simsion
Publisher: Simon Schuster
Publication Date: September 24th 2014

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment