Monday, July 17, 2017

Fast Paced YA Read

The Lovely RecklessThe Lovely Reckless by Kami Garcia
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I was introduced to Kami Garcia through the Beautiful Creatures series, which I seriously love. When I saw this book at the library, I figured I would give it a try. The flow of this book is completely different than Beautiful Creatures. The cover does say that is fast-paced, so I guess I had been warned. The fast-paced note was no joke. I would never want this turned into a movie (because movies based on books are usually really bad), but, if there was a movie made, it would be one you watch on the edge of your seat.
I liked how the character development came in pieces. You learn about each person's past as you go through the book. Characters that seem like the bad guy one moment suddenly seem misunderstood when you learn more about them. The parents are the only ones that seem to be crazy all the time, except for King George, he just does his own thing.
I feel like the characters are being asked what they are willing to risk to get what they want. It's a question we all have to face at times in our lives.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment