Thursday, July 27, 2017

Random Illustrated Facts the World Needed This

Random Illustrated Facts: A Collection of Curious, Weird, and Totally Not Boring Things to KnowRandom Illustrated Facts: A Collection of Curious, Weird, and Totally Not Boring Things to Know by Mike Lowery
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Random Illustrated Facts is a great way to start learning about all the crazy things that have happened and are still happening. I have a greater respect for history now, knowing that I could stumble upon unexpected information. Some of the facts were gross, the bugs especially, but they are facts. I will admit, my favorite section was the first one. Who knew animals and historical figures joined together so often? If only there had been cameras during Napoleon's little experience. My guess is that it would have been a viral video.

The illustrations are awesome. They make the facts more than just words on a page. I felt like the facts became something more when combined with the illustrations. Mike Lowery should write a companion book to this one with just history facts. I'm sure there are a lot of random history facts out there that most people don't know about. I think it would make history come alive in a way that it doesn't for a lot of people. I know I would have liked something like that when I was taking history in high school.

I don't know of any demographic that would not like this book. There is something for everyone. It's an enjoyable read that doesn't drag, and as a bonus, actually makes you smarter. Smarter with random facts, but you never know when those will come in handy.

This is a great book for people that don't really like to read, but are willing to try if given the right book. It makes reading enjoyable. This book was given to me for a review from NetGalley.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment