Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Miss Ellicott's School for the Magically Minded

Miss Ellicott's School for the Magically MindedMiss Ellicott's School for the Magically Minded by Sage Blackwood
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I decided to read this book after reading Jinx, by the same author. I have to say, this book did not go the way I thought it would. Part of me is wondering if the bad guys were really bad, or just misguided. I'm sure at some point there was someone who was really not a good person, but I'm not sure it was anyone in the story. With the approved books and the revised history, it seems like maybe they just didn't know better.

There were a lot of characters, and some of them got lost to me. What I mean by that is that when the character was mentioned as doing something that apparently was not out of the ordinary, I couldn't remember where that character had been introduced, and the facts about them that would help me put everything into perspective. They were the smaller side characters, so it wasn't as important that I remember all the details about them, but it did happen a couple times.

All in all, it was a good read, with dragons, magic, kings, and queens. It's a good fantasy novel for kids reading chapter books.

Author: Sage Blackwood
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Publication Date: March 21st 2017

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment