Monday, July 10, 2023

Archibald Lox and the Legion of the Lost

Archibald Lox and the Legion of the Lost (Archibald Lox, #9)Archibald Lox and the Legion of the Lost by Darren Shan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Boy, that series went out with a freaking bang. I'm still trying to wrap my head around it. By the end, I was reading each book in a day because so much was going on, and each one was ending with a cliff hanger. I honestly wasn't sure it could all be wrapped up in one book, and the more that happened at the beginning, the more I was convince the author had backed himself into a corner.

I appreciate that everything wasn't just tied up in a nice little bow. Things were kind of messy.

It really does help to read all the books one right after the other. There were bits and pieces that I had forgotten about from previous books that played a part in this final installment. I like that everything came together in the end. Those little facts were not just throw away bits of information.

I really want to read the series over again knowing everything I know now to see if I notice any details that I missed the first time around. I know there were somethings that Archie even points out that looking back on I know I completely missed. This may be a middle-grade series, but I don't care, I found it highly enjoyable, and kind of hope that there is a spin off series if the character is that was hinted at actually comes to pass. I can't say anything more than that, because that would ruin the entire series. Of course, I would only want that series, if Archie and his friends were involved. It would seem weird without them.

I received a copy of this book from the author in exchange for a review.

Content warnings: Language, violence
Age appropriate: Yes

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment