Monday, July 10, 2023

Archibald Lox and the Pick of Loxes

Archibald Lox and the Pick of Loxes (Archibald Lox, #8)Archibald Lox and the Pick of Loxes by Darren Shan
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book kept throwing me for a loop. I would think things were hopeless, and then a lifeline would appear, only to be ripped away. Wash and repeat. If you want an author that's the master of the plot twist, Darren Shan is your guy.

The book starts right were the last book left off, which was at a cliff hanger, and ends at a cliff hanger, so I would recommend getting all of the books before reading.

Stefan is brought up a lot in this book, and everyone starts to wonder exactly what is going on with Archie, and why are their so many similarities between him and the missing royal. This plays an important role in the story, and the mystery keeps the reader guessing all the way through to the ninth book.

There are times when I wanted to scream out because of a character's actions. I mean, what the heck were they thinking? I'm not going to say anything, but seriously!

I received a copy of the book from the author in exchange for a review.

Age appropriate: Yes
Content warning: Language, Violence

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment