Thursday, October 12, 2017

Ordinary Magic Being an Ord is Hard Work

Ordinary MagicOrdinary Magic by Caitlen Rubino-Bradway
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Ordinary Magic is about a world where everyone has magic, and uses it to do everything. The question is, what happens to those people that for some reason not only have no magic, but can't be affected by the magic of others?

The premise of the story was interesting, it just took a weird turn. I was uncomfortable with the way the "ords" were treated. I understand why, but it seemed unreasonable to me that some of the parents and people in this world would treat the children the way they do. I did like the fact that even though the "ords" are different than everyone else, they have abilities that the people with magic don't. It shows that just because you are not like everyone else, doesn't mean that there isn't something special inside of you that makes you wonderful. I feel like that is what the book was really about, it just got too dark for my liking.

This is one of those books that would benefit from a sequel. I felt like there was too much left up in the air. I think if there was a sequel, I would read it and see where the story goes.

Author: Caitlen Rubino-Bradway
Publisher: Bloomsbury USA Childrens
Publication Date: 1 May 2012

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment