Sunday, November 11, 2018

Island of Graves

Island of GravesIsland of Graves by Lisa McMann
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This series has a lot going on for a Middle Grade read. The characters have depth to them, which I appreciate. It's easier to really enjoy the story when you can see the characters growing as the series goes on.

I expected this book to be like the others and spend a decent amount of time on the island, but I was wrong. Even though there is not a lot of time spent on the island, there is enough to give readers an understanding of what happened on the island. I feel that older readers will like the knowing about this island because of the little details that are provided and the new character that is introduced. This is one of those times when the reader has some knowledge about what is going on that the characters do not. I'm so used to having everything in these books be something new, so it was an interesting flip. It makes me wonder how things are going to play out in the next book.

Island of Graves is a great addition to the Unwanteds series.

Author: Lisa McMann
Publisher: Turtleback Books
Publication Date: September 15th 2015

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment