Monday, May 29, 2023

Last Stand of Dead Men

Last Stand of Dead Men (Skulduggery Pleasant, #8)Last Stand of Dead Men by Derek Landy
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

As a note, this series gets darker the farther you get, so if you are reading along and find that a book is a little too much, you should probably stop. It has nothing to do with the quality of the series, but it does not go from dark back to light hearted.

The war between sanctuaries really gets me every time. It had been awhile since the first time I read the series, and I had forgotten that the lines between sides is blurred. It's hard to know who the Irish sanctuary can trust outside and inside of itself.

Darquesse of course comes out, because what would these later books be without this lovely character. I know some readers dislike her, but I love her quippy lines and internal monologue, especially when she is discovering some new skill she didn't know she possessed. Maybe, I'm just a sucker for the villain, although, not all the villains in this book are as great as she is. In fact, it's just her, so nevermind. Forget that last thought.

Author: Derek Landy
Content warning: Death, language, war
Age appropriate: Yes

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment