Saturday, May 20, 2023

Pygmalion

PygmalionPygmalion by George Bernard Shaw
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I did not realize before, but My Fair Lady is another name for Pygmalion. I think that is what most people know it by. I listened to the audio book, which I would recommend over just reading the play. Since Eliza's accent changes over time, it's great to be able to hear the change and really appreciate the difference. It's also great to hear how it starts. I live in America, I don't know how the different accents in England sound.

The men in the play made me mad. Professor Higgins really just looked at Eliza as a science experiment and didn't even think of her as a person. By the end of the story, I was totally on team Eliza. You treat a lady like a lady even if she sounds and looks like a flower girl.

Author: George Bernard Shaw

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment