Saturday, May 20, 2023

Signing Their Lives Away

Signing Their Lives Away: The Fame and Misfortune of the Men Who Signed the Declaration of IndependenceSigning Their Lives Away: The Fame and Misfortune of the Men Who Signed the Declaration of Independence by Denise Kiernan
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I've taken a turn for historical non-fiction lately, so I figured I would read about the men who signed the Declaration of Independence. I have to say, while this book could have been boring and densely filled with facts, it had a lot of humor and was a fast read.

I appreciate that nicknames were included, and the reasons behind them. Some of them were just brutal, and should never be brought back.

There is not a whole lot to say about this book since it is each signer is covered in around a page and a half, but it was a fun read. I recommend it for anyone that has any interest in the founding of the United States.

Author: Denise Kiernan and Joseph D'Agnese
Publication Date: 1 May 2009
Publisher: Quirk Books

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment