Monday, August 7, 2017

Cassandra Clare's World

Clockwork Prince (The Infernal Devices, #2)Clockwork Prince by Cassandra Clare
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I'm a little late in joining the Cassandra Clare band wagon, but I'm beginning to see why so many people like her books. Luckily for me, I don't have to wait for the next book to come out.

So far, I have enjoyed the mystery aspect of the series. The reader does not get all the information at once, so you have to pay attention to what is going on and pick up on the little details that make a whole. I kind of wish I lived in this world, but at the same time, I'm really glad that I don't have to deal with the issues they deal with. I'm pretty sure I would just crawl into a ball if the world was really like it is portrayed in this series.

I will admit, I am not a big romance person, so the only part I really had issues with was the love triangle. It was a little too much and a little too cheesy for my taste, but I know a lot of people like that kind of stuff, so for them, it is great. For the record, if I was Tessa, I think I would just hide under my bed until everyone went away. I'm glad she at least deals with the situation and makes a decision.

The character development has been great. It shows that first impressions are not always correct, and that people are more than their past. In this book, there were quite a few characters that showed they had more to them then previously thought. I relate better to characters that are more than one dimensional. It keeps the book interesting to know that you may not understand everything about the character, and the judgments you make could be completely wrong.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment