Thursday, September 20, 2018

Going Postal

Going Postal (Discworld, #33; Moist von Lipwig, #1) tobecombinedGoing Postal (Discworld, #33; Moist von Lipwig, #1) tobecombined by Terry Pratchett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

This book made me laugh, not only because it was funny, but because everyone that has issues with the word moist will find this book to be something of a struggle. I would like to apologize for laughing at your discomfort, but Terry Pratchett is the one who named his main character Moist. I'm just doing my duty and giving everyone fair warning.

The book is about Moist being asked to be the Postmaster for Ankh-Morpork, even though no one has actually sent anything in the mail in a very long time. Moist quickly wonders what he has gotten himself into, and takes on the daunting task of getting the mail delivered after it has been in the post office for so long that it is possible not everyone is still alive.

The characters are great, and include some villains that are maybe not the smarts people in Ankh-Morpork, but they try really hard.

A couple of my favorite lines to end the review.

"Gilt and Vetinari shared a look. It said: While I loathe you and every aspect of your personal philosophy to a depth unplummable by any line, I’ll credit you at least with not being Crispin Horsefry."

"ALWAYS REMEMBER that the crowd that applauds your coronation is the same crowd that will applaud your beheading. People like a show."

Author: Terry Pratchett
Publisher: HarperTorch
Publication Date: 2004

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment