Tuesday, September 4, 2018

The Fourteenth Goldfish

The Fourteenth GoldfishThe Fourteenth Goldfish by Jennifer L. Holm
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

The Fourteenth Goldfish is a cute coming of age story. The story also brings up the point that just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should. My only issue with the book is that the only character that really seemed to have any development was Ellie, the main character. The others were there playing supporting roles, but not doing a whole lot of growing.

I appreciate the fact that the grandfather, who was firmly set in his beliefs, was able to take a step back and see things from someone else's point of view. I feel like his character was left hanging, but, since there is another book, I am going to read that, and see what happens next.

Author: Jennifer L. Holm
Publisher: Random House Books for Young Readers
Publication Date: August 26th 2014

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment