Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Emily's Runaway Imagination

Emily's Runaway ImaginationEmily's Runaway Imagination by Beverly Cleary
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

This book takes place in a time when most modern conveniences had not been invented yet. It is kind of like the Little House on the Prairie books in that regard. Because of this, I think the audience is limited. There are kids that will like this book, but in a world were technology plays such an important roll in our everyday lives, I'm not sure some kids would even understand what is happening.

Emily is like me, she absolutely loves books, and sometimes has a very loose grasp on reality. She seems to over think things all the time. Instead of being a carefree child, her mind is going contently, which makes the everyday normal things seem dramatic.

This is one of those books that, as an adult, I don't think I would read again, however; I think children that are not completely consumed by electronics would enjoy it. Especially good for kids that like the Little House on the Prairie series.

Author: Beverly Cleary
Publisher: HarperCollins
First Publication: 1961

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment