Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Mary Poppins Comes Back

Mary Poppins Comes Back (Mary Poppins #2)Mary Poppins Comes Back by P.L. Travers
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

I wanted to read this series after the movie came out about Walt Disney and P.L. Travers. So many people were saying that the movie was nothing like the book. After reading the first two books in this series, I still don't get what everyone has been upset about. Besides the fact that the Mary Poppins in the book is not as nice as the one in the movie, it seems to be a pretty good representation. True, the events in the book are a little different than the movie version, but, I can see where they used the same events just in a slightly different way.

There is a pattern with the books that kind of bugs me. After reading the first two, I have a pretty good idea of how the rest of the series goes. I'm not a fan of books that are predictable, so I don't think I will be reading the rest of this series. I usually go by the idea that you should never judge a book by its movie, because the book is usually better, but this time I'm going to have to change my mind. The movie will always be close to my heart. Maybe if I had read the books before I ever saw the movie I would feel different, but that is not the case. They were okay, I didn't struggle to get through them, I just didn't find any joy in the writing.

Author: P.L. Travers
Publisher: HMH Books for Young Readers
First Publication: 1935

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment