Thursday, September 21, 2017

Static Mayhem

Static Mayhem (Mayhem Wave, #2)Static Mayhem by Edward Aubry
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

While reading this book, I was giving it a solid 3 stars, by the time I was finished, I had bumped it up to 4. What bumped it up, was the fact that I wanted the next book right away. Static Mayhem ended with questions up in the air. As annoying as some people find it, I like having lingering questions when it comes to a series. I now have the chance to see if I can come up with an answer in my head, before I read what happens. It lets a reader's imagination run wild.

Harrison joins a group from New Chicago to see what is left of New York, the city where everything started. As they journey, they find new friends, new enemies, and an understanding of what is at stake if they fail or succeed.

I had a lot of emotions while reading. Shock new enemies appear, horror during fights, sadness after the fighting is over, joy when major changes happen in New Chicago, stress as they try to find alternative solutions to the problem, and possible emotion in between. What I really appreciate about Edward Aubry's writing, is that he brings in unexpected elements. I was questioning everything I thought I knew. The enemy I thought I knew, became the enemy I didn't know at all. The characters I felt I understood, did things I would have never imagined. If movies actually did books justice, I would say that so far, this series would make a great movie franchise. As it is, I hope this always stays as just a book. It can stand on its own.

My one problem, was that some of the characters I was attached to had very small roles. It's understandable, not everyone can go on these secret missions, but that doesn't mean that I didn't want them to be more involved. This is one of the reasons I can't wait for the next book. I want to know what has happened in New Chicago while Harrison and the others have been having their adventures.

I received a copy of this book from Curiosity Quills Press for an honest review.
Author: Edward Aubry
Publisher: Curiosity Quills Press
Publication Date: 25 July 2017

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment