Wednesday, September 6, 2017

The Best Medicine

The Best MedicineThe Best Medicine by Christine Hamill
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

I wasn't too sure of this book at first. Philip is kind of whiny to begin with. I know there are a lot of boys around that age who are like that, but it made me want to scream at him. At the same time, I was in his corner. It gets frustrating when you don't know what is going on. I was with him wanting to know what was going on with his family. Hiding things from people does not make it easier, it just makes the person go crazy. This book is case in point.

As the book goes on, you can see Philip changing. He takes a tough situation and grows from it, helping others at the same time.

The ending was great. It gave you just enough to feel okay with the book ending, but still left somethings up in the air. There are hints as to what may happen in the future, but it is not spelled out. I like it when books let the reader come to their own conclusions on things instead of telling you every detail about every character.

I was given a copy of the book by NetGalley for an honest review.

Author: Christine Hamill
Publisher: Annick Press
Publication Date: 14 Mar 2017

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment