Friday, September 15, 2017

Schooled for Murder

Schooled for MurderSchooled for Murder by Cindy Muir
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

I have mixed feelings about this book. I've seen reviews were people say they knew who the murderer was right away. I'm thinking those people must be geniuses, because I was clueless right up until the murderer confessed. There were so many random characters that were suspects at one time or another.

The parts I had a problem with, were the unnecessary little sections. They took away from the flow of the mystery. Along the way, I kept thinking about what my junior high English teacher used to say about writing, "Show, don't tell." I've never understood how much of a difference it makes until I read this book. The book is jam packed with unnecessary details. Everything is being told, little is being shown. For example, I know that the Subaru is red, Chuy is a chihuahua, and Sheba is a glamour cat. It was rarely the car, the dog, or the cat. The extra details were almost always included, which made it difficult to read.

Overall, I liked the mystery, but, there was a lot that slowed the flow of the story. It's just a small thing, and some people might not even notice it, but, it made it hard for me to get through.

I received a copy of this book from NetGalley for an honest review.
Author: Cindy Muir
Publisher: Black Rose Writing
Publication Date: 26 Jun 2014

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment