Thursday, September 20, 2018

Jacky Ha-Ha

Jacky Ha-Ha (Jacky Ha-Ha, #1)Jacky Ha-Ha by James Patterson
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

Jacky Ha-Ha was a fun uplifting book that readers of all ages will enjoy. The illustrations added just the right amount of whimsical to make the story come alive.

The book deals with a lot of issues that face kids as they deal with school and home life. There were some moments where I was shaking my head wanting to stop Jacky from doing something that I could tell would not end well, but like any middle schooler, she has ideas of her own, and thinking things through before acting is not always what happens. There were other times when I thought she was completely justified in her actions, and was cheering her on. Basically, she acted like any kid her age, which made her someone kids can relate to.

The ending was good. It could have gone in a different way, and I'm glad that was not the case. All in all, it was a book I would recommend to anyone looking to read a light-hearted, feel-good, family story.

Author: James Patterson and Chris Grabenstein
Publisher: jimmy patterson
Publication Date: 2016

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment