Wednesday, September 5, 2018

Thief of Time

Thief of Time (Discworld, #26; Death, #5)Thief of Time by Terry Pratchett
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

I have to say, the best part of this book for me was the fact that the horsemen of the apocalypse did not actually want to do there job, and that the chocolate was an effective weapon. People take note, the way to win a war is with chocolate.

Ladies and gentlemen, may I please introduce you to Ronnie, the fifth horseman who makes yogurt. Possibly the best character in the book. I feel like I can relate to him. His character would not have been so memorable if he had been with the other horsemen in the other books. Although, the others have changed by the time this book takes place. In fact, it looks like no one wants to do their job, even though the end might actually happen this time. You know, unlike the twenty or so times before.

This book also features Death's granddaughter, who has her own special way of doing things, and does not enjoy Death of Rats bugging her all the time. The fact that there is a character that is the death of rats really just makes me happy. Terry Pratchett had a way of creating characters that seemed utterly ridiculous, somehow wonderful.

The book is from the point of view of multiple characters, so the reader has to be paying attention to understand the full story. The story is so entertaining, that paying attention really shouldn't be a problem. I really wouldn't read this book until you have at least read the other books in the Death sub-series of the Discworld series. The background of many of the characters is laid out in the other books.

Author: Terry Pratchett
Publisher: HarperTorch
Publication Date: 2001

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment